Mountain Spirit is always looking for good ways to work with our friends in Peru, to give back, also to help raise funds for our programs. Boot program fits the bill.
By R. Richards
When we walked into Mariano’s boot shop in Cusco last summer we knew we were looking at high quality products. I trained as an apprentice boot maker in Austria, so I recognized the traditional European boot making techniques when I saw them. And here they were in Cusco, Peru, in the form of high quality suede boots, custom made right in the shop. Mariano takes an outline of one’s foot, then gets to work. While we lived in Cusco we talked with him to see if we could order from the states. At an international fair we had put the boots out and they proved so popular, we decided to put them on our website. All proceeds go to the bootmaker, and to Mountain Spirit Institute to further our non-profit educational mission and programs. If you, or someone you know, would like a pair, read on and contact us.
MSI Handmade Peruvian Boots
- Hand made from Cusco Peru
- Unique, not mass marketed
- Popular with the people who have ordered them so far.
- Custom to your foot: We (or you can) outline your foot, and we send it via DHL courier directly to Cusco where Mariano completes the order in three days and sends the boots back by DHL
- Suede leather
- Inlaid with traditional local handmade weavings, made on backstrap looms
- Lug Sole made by “Cat” (similar to Vibram)
- Very comfortable
- Made to order.
- We place orders when we have nine or ten orders together.
- GENERIC SIZES OPTION: Some generic sizes are in stock and ship in 24hrs. Call for details.
-PRICES: Custom made $180.00 plus ground shipping in U.S. Price includes custom ordering and shipment from Peru by DHL. Generic sizes $140.00 plus shipping in U.S. from NH, USA
- Turn around time: 8-10 days from when order is sent from USA
-Available in New Zealand starting 8/2010
For further details or to place an order, please call 603-763-2668 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org